Purchasing the ideal antivirus software for your needs is vital.
Therefore, we would like to be 100% clear about how we test and examine and which methods we used to pick the best antivirus programs for 2019.
We use 5 distinct aspects to make an overall score and choose which antivirus software makes it to our top 10 list. All these 5 factors play a role, but not all are equally important.
Consequently, the burden on the final result varies based on the variables we tested.
Here are the 5 Major factors, and their relative weight in our testing procedure:
1. Virus protection: Most significant, with a weight of 40%, is the caliber of virus protection.
2. Performance: The way the antivirus software changes your computer’s resources can also be vital. We gave this variable weight of 20% in our overall score.
3. Added features and device compatibility: Including features like VPNs, password managers, PC clean up, family safety and much more. We gave this variable weight of 20% in our overall score.
4. Value for money: Largely, as with everything in life, you get what you pay for. Most antivirus software is priced equally so we gave this variable weight of 10%.
5. User reviews: While significant, these can often be misleading as all of us handle and understand technology otherwise. We gave this a weight of 10% on our overall score.
We took the information regarding virus protection and performance in AV-Test and AV-Comparatives — both leading global evaluation labs for antivirus software.
To choose a score for additional attributes, device compatibility and value for money we examined the offers of all of the various antivirus software providers we analyzed. This information is best taken straight from the source.
The information for user testimonials comes from TrustPilot, the Google Play Store and our very own user reviews.